|XU Minbo Ph.D., Assistant Professor
|Native Place: Hubei Province
Department of Economics
Business School, Beijing Normal University
Beijing 100875, China
||Ph.D. in Economics Georgetown University (M.A. in Economics, 2009)
||Master in Economics Peking University
||Bachelor in Economics Wuhan University (B.Sc. in Mathematics, 2004)
||Assistant Professor, Beijing Normal University, Business School, Beijing
||Intern, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC
||Teaching Assistant, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
|Intermediate Microeconomics (Undergraduate)
Advanced Microeconomics (Graduate)
Dynamic Methods in Economics (Graduate)
Empirical Methods in Economics (Graduate)
|Honors and Awards
|Georgetown University Graduate School Fellowship and Scholarship, 2007-2012
Peking University CCER Fellowship, 2004-2007
China National Scholarship, First Prize, 2002
|• Working Papers
- Selling a Dollar for More than a Dollar? Evidence from Online Penny Auctions. (with Zhongmin Wang), R&R.
- Empirical Evidence on Competition and Revenue in an All-Pay Contest. (with Zhongmin Wang), R&R.
- All-Pay Auctions with a Buy-Price Option. (with Sanxi Li and Jianye Yan), under review.
- Nonparametric Estimation of a War-of-Attrition with a Stochastic Number of Bidders.
- What Brings a Consumer Back for More? Evidence from Quantifiable Gain and Loss Experiences in Penny Auctions. (with Jaimie Lien and Jie Zheng)
- Competition in Procurement Auctions with Corruption. (with Daniel Z. Li)