|XU Hui Ph.D., Assistant Professor
|Native Place: Shaoxing, Zhejiang
Department of Economics
Business School, Beijing Normal University
Beijing 100875, China
Tel:+861058807847 ; Fax:+861058801867
||Ph.D. in Economics, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon
||Master in Economics, East China Normal University
||Bachelor of Arts, South West Jiaotong University
||Teaching assistant (ATER), Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3, Montpellier, France.
||Teaching assistant (ATER), Université Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne, Saint-Etienne, France.
Professional Societies/Activities2008- Researcher at GATE Lyon St Etienne, CNRS UMR 5824, France
- NSFC Research Grant (China), “The impact of children on the family migration decision” (01/2016-12/2018), Principal investigator. 180.000 RMB.
- SEM Research Grant for SRF: “The impact of subjective well-being on migrants’ decision” (04/2015-04/2017), Principal investigator. 25,000 RMB.
- NSFC Research Grant (China), “Migration and the reshaping of consumption patterns” (09/2014-08/2017), Participant. 900,000 RMB.
|• Main Journal Articles
- "Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A Field Experiment in Vietnam,” with Nguyen, Quang & Villeval, Marie Claire, Economic Development and Cultural Change, Forthcoming.
- “Left-behind children and return migration in China”, with Sylvie Démurger, IZA Journal of Migration, 4(10), 2015.
- “Interview with Thomas Piketty”, Comparative Studies, 75, 2015.(In Chinese)
- “Social identity and work effort in India: an experiment with Punjabi and Bengali in India”, Indian Ocean Economic and Political Review, 3, 2014. (In Chinese)
- “Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China”, with Sylvie Démurger, 2011, World Development, 39(10), pp. 1847-1861.
- “Return migration, occupational change, and self-employment: the case of Wuwei county”, 2010, China Perspectives, No.2010/4, pp. 71-86. [French version: Mobilité professionnelle et activités indépendantes des migrants de retour]
- Book review on ‘Labour Migration and Social Development in Contemporary China’, Rachel Murphy (eds.), 2009, London, Routledge, 2010, China Perspectives, No. 2010/2, pp. 80-83.
|• Conference Papers/Presentations
- 02/2015 OECD Expert Meeting on Perspectives on Global Development, Paris, France.
- 07/2014 ORF Western-BNU Joint Workshop on Labor Market in China, Beijing, China
- 12/2013 The 5th international workshop on human capital, Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing, China
- 07/2013 SCERI-CCER Conference, National School of Development, Peking University.
- 04/2013 4th annual SEBA-GATE workshop, GATE Lyon Saint-Etienne, Lyon, France.
- 12/2012 3rd Annual Xiamen University International Workshop on Experimental Economics and Finance, Xiamen, China.
- 07-08/2012 Asia Summer Institute in Behavioral Economics, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- 12/2011 Economic Science Associations (ESA) Asia-Pacific Regional Meeting, Xiamen, China.
- 11/2011 Association Fran？aise d’Economie Expérimentale-LAMETA < Field Experiments > workshop, Montpellier.
- 09/2011 4ème Congrès du Réseau Asie et Pacifique, Paris.
- 05/2011 2nd Behavioural and Experimental Economics (BEE) workshop, Lyon.
- 04/2011 Migration: Economic Change, Social Challenge, the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), University College London (UCL), UK.
- 08/2010 10th Econometric Society World Congress (ESWC), Shanghai, China.
- 06/2010 2nd AMID Summer School “Empirical methods for development research”, London School of Economics (LSE), London, UK.
- 06/2010 3rd World Conference of the European Association of Labour Economist (EALE) and the Society of Labor Economists (SOLE), University College London (UCL), UK.
- 06/2010 24th European Society for Population Economics (ESPE), Essen, Germany.
- 01/2010 6th Graduate Seminar on China, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- 09/2009 58th Congrès d’Association fran？aise de Science Economique (AFSE), Paris, France.
|• Working Papers
- “How the economic behavior of the only child differs with child with siblings? Evidence from the lab and field experiments” (in Chinese), with Hoaran He, 2015.
- “How disappointment changes the work effort: evidence from lab experiment in India”, with Arijit Das, Jie Liang and Yinxi Liu,2015
- “Internal migration, family living arrangements and happiness in China”, with Sylvie Démurger and Shi Li,2015
- “Migration and family arrangements in China”, with Sylvie Démurger and Shi Li, 2015
- “What motivates charitable giving? Evidence from laboratory experiment”, with Huafang Li, Jie Liang, Yinxi Liu,2015