|ZHAO Chunming Ph.D., Professor
|Native Place: Jiangxi Province
Department of International trade and Economics
Business School, Beijing Normal University
Beijing 100875, China
||Ph.D. in Economics
||Master in Economics
||Bachelor in Economics
||Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics, Beijing Normal University
||Lecturer, Department of Economics, Beijing Normal University
||Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Beijing Normal University
||Professor, Department of Economics, Beijing Normal University
||Senior visiting scholar, United States University of California, Berkeley
||Doctoral Supervisor, Department of Economics, Beijing Normal University
||Vice President, Business School, Beijing Normal University
||Deputy Director, Teaching Guidance Committee, Beijing Normal University
|World Economy, International Trade, International Investment, Strategic Management
|Courses TaughtInternational Trade (Undergraduate)
Economic Globalization and Contemporary Chinese Economy (Undergraduate)
International Economics (Graduate)
Strategic Management (MBA)
International Trade and International Finance (MBA)
International Business (MIB)
Lecture on Front Questions of World Economy
- Vice chairman, Economy and Trade Teaching Guidance Committee at Ministry of Education
- Vice president, Chinese American Economic Association
- Deputy Secretary-General, Chinese Society of World Economy
- Part-time Researcher, Cross - Strait Relations Research Center under the State Council
- Standing Director, China Association of International Trade
- Member of Senior Professional Title Evaluation Committee, China Academy of Social Sciences
- Member of China postdoctoral Foundation Project Evaluation Committee
- Member of the Initial Fund Review Committee of Returned Overseas Talents’ Scientific Research Projects, Ministry of Education
- Editorial Board Member of “Journal of International Trade”
- Academic Consultant of “Asia-pacific Economic Review”
- 2014 SSFC Major Program: A Foreign Trade Strategic Transition Research on How to Accelerate the Free Movement of Labor Factor.
- 2014 SSFC Major Program: A Research on Human Capital Factor Connotative Development and New Competitive Advantages of International Economic Development of China.
- 2011 SSFC Major Program: A Research on Foreign Trade Mode Development and Changes of China under a Low Carbon Environment.
- 2000 SSFC General Program: A Comparative and Strategic Research on How to Mitigate the Shock of Entering WTO.
- 2003 SSFC Youth Program: The Industry and Location Choice of FDI, from an International Experience.
- 2009 The Ministry of Education Humanities and Social Science Research Plan Program: A Research on the Effect of Intermediate Goods Trade Development on Labor Force Market under Global Production Divisions.
- 2001 The Ministry of Education Humanities and Social Science Research Youth Program: Domestic Market Distortions and China’s Opening up.
- 2000 The Ministry of Education funded Teaching and Research Award Program for Outstanding Young Teachers in Colleges and universities: A Current Issue Research on Contemporary World Economy and International Trade.
- 2000 The Ministry of Education the Scientific Research Fund Project for Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars: A Research on East Asian Economic Development in Economic Globalization.
- 2013 Philosophy and Social Science Planning Projects in Beijing: “Powerful Trading Strategies and Realization of the Dream of China.
- 2012 International Cooperation Program: Renewable Energy and Environment Industry Projects of EU and China.
- 2003 Ministry of Science and Technology Commission Program: A Research on National Science and Technology Reward System Reform and Specific Strategies.
- 2005 Ministry of Science and Technology Commission Program: A Policy Research on Improving the Ability of Science and Technology Original Innovation in China.
- 2008 “211” Research Project: A Research on the Development of International Education Trading and Services and the Transnational Flowing ofTalent.
|Honors and Awards
- 2012 Special government allowances of the State Council of Experts
- 2001 Excellent Youth Teacher Prize awarded by the Educational Ministry of State
- 1996 the Tenth Chinese Book Award
- 2000 Second Prize of the second Humanities and Social Sciences Study Results awarded by the Educational Ministry of State
- 1996 Second Prize of the fourth Philosophy of the Social Sciences Excellent Results of Beijing
- 2002 First Prize of the seventh Philosophy of the Social Sciences Excellent Results of Beijing
- 2014 Second Prize of the eighteenth Mr Ann Tse - kai Excellent International Trade Work Award
- 2015 Second Prize of the National Outstanding Achievements in Business Development awarded by the Ministry of Commerce
- 2010 National Baosteel Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2009 Beijing Distinguished Teacher award
- 2012 First Prize of Beijing Excellent Teaching Achievements Award
- 2009 Second Prize of Beijing Excellent Teaching Achievements Award
- 2005 Second Prize of Beijing Excellent Teaching Achievements Award
- 2012 2010-2012 Outstanding Party Members in Colleges and Universities in Beijing
- 1993 Outstanding Young Teachers in Beijing
- 2014 Second “Ming De” Teacher Award among 18 Normal Universities in China
|• Main Journal Articles
- How do Trade Barriers Affect Dual Margins of China’s Export Growth?, Economic Research Journal, 2014(11).
- Degree of Exports Continued and Female Employment: Counterfactual Analysis based on the Enterprise Data, Economic Research Journal, 2013(1).
- The Structure of China’s Imports: A New Framework. China & World Economy, 2015, No.5.
- Export Openness, the Expansion of Higher Education and the Wage Gap between Education Degrees. The Journal of World Economy, 2014(5).
- "The Priority to Buy Local Products" Analysis of Economic Effect. The Journal of World Economy, 2011(7).
- A Long Way to Go: Current Situation and Development Prospect of China’s Foreign Direct Investment. The Journal of World Economy,2004(3).
- The Industry and Location Choice of FDI, from an International Experience. The Journal of World Economy, 2002(5).
- A Discussion on the Economy Growth of “Asia Four Tigers” and the Inspiration to China. The Journal of World Economy, 1994(11).
- The Development History, Pattern and Prospects of East Asia. World Economics and Politics, 2000(12).
- A Discussion on the Prospects and Challenges of “China –ASEAN Free Trade Area”. World Economics and Politics,2002(11).
- Trade Openness, Market Access and Wage Gap of Heterogeneous Enterprises: An Empirical Study Based on Data of Industrial Enterprises in China. Journal of International Trade, 2015(1).
- Analysis on Relation between Real Estate Price Movements and Import in China: Based on GMM and Principal Component Factor. Journal of International Trade, 2011(3).
- Effects of Trade Opening on Human Capital Accumulation: An Empirical Study Based on China’s Provincial Dynamic Panel Data Model. Journal of International Trade, 2014(3).
- The Currency Game Strategy: A Research on Currency Exchange Rate Based on Sino-US Trade Balance. Journal of International Trade, 2005(1).
- A Research and Inspiration on the Japan-US Trade Fiction. Journal of International Trade, 1994(12).
- Is it really useful for a technology-lagged country to set a technical barriers: An Open Model of Two Countries. World Economy Study, 2011(7).
- The Impact on the Cross-Strait Economic Relations for Mainland China and Taiwan "WTO Entry". World Economy Study, 2002(5).
- A Research on the Disadvantageous Position of the Developing Countries in the WTO. World Economy Study, 2001(5).
- An International Experience on Mitigating the Impact of Joining WTO on China. World Economy Study, 2000(5).
- Effects of International Trade on Urban-rural Income Gap in China. Finance ＆ Trade Economics,2012(1).
- Does Foreign Investment Increase the Gender wage Gap? Statistical Research, 2014(6).
- Does Market Potential Promote Female Employment in Manufacturing Industries? Empirical Study Based on the Data of Industrial Enterprises in China. The Study of Finance and Economics, 2014(3).
- Does Import Obstruct Technological Progress: Reexamination Based on the State-space Model, Economic Theory and Business Management, 2012(2).
- Consumer Decision, Import Demand and Price Movement: Theoretical Models and Empirical Evidence. Nankai Economic Studies, 2011(3).
- Development and Prospect of Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Organization. Qiu Shi, 2005(24).
- A Long Way to Go: A Research on Asia- Pacific Economic Cooperation.Qiu Shi, 2001(1).
• Published Research Report
- The Study Transformation of China's Foreign Trade Development Mode at Low-carbon Economic Environment. The People’s Publishing House. Apr. 2014
- The Application and Response on the Non-tariff Barriers: An Enterprise Strategy Choice after Entering WTO. The People’s Publishing House. Dec. 2001
- A Study on the Diversified Economic Development of the Asia-Pacific Region. Beijing Normal University Press. Sep. 1995
- The Rise of East Asia and Model of Modernization. Wuhan Press. Mar. 1998
- A Research on the Development of International Education Trading and Services and the Transnational Flowing of Talent. Economic Science Press. Feb. 2015
- A Research on the New Pattern of World Economy. Beijing Normal University Press. Jul. 2001
- The Theory of Modern Capitalism. Jiangsu Press. Jun. 1996
- The WTO and China’s Economy. Dangjian Publishing House. Jan 2001
- China’s Economics of 20th Century. Dangjian Publishing House. Nov 2000
- Economic Development and Financial Modernization. Dangjain Publishing House. Sep 2003
- Illustration of Modern Chinese Economy. Zhonghua Book Company (Hong Kong). Jul 2011
- China's Foreign Trade Sustainable Development Report. Beijing Normal University Press. Feb 2014.